- Meet Nis, one of the oldest cities in the Balkans known as the “Gateway” of East and West
- Sightseeing of Skopje, the capital of Northern Macedonia
- Enjoy the untouched nature of the Matka canyon
- Visit Ohrid, the most beautiful destination in Northern Macedonia
- Learn all about Heraclea Lyncestis a unique archaeological site
- Visit the City The ancient city of Northern Macedonia
- Visit the monastery of St. Prohor Pcinjski, one of the oldest Serbian monasteries
# Tour code: B1002-8
Departure city: Belgrade
Tour type: History, Culture, Natural beauties
Balkan tour: Serbia-Northern Macedonia
Services: Transfer airport-hotel, sightseeing of Belgrade, tickets, lunch and dinner, overnight in a 4 * hotel.
Belgrade, located at the confluence of the Sava and the Danube, is one of the oldest European cities. The turbulent and rich history of Belgrade is visible at every step. It can be said that Belgrade is a living example of architecture of the past two centuries. We start our visit to Belgrade from the fortress and Kalemegdan Park. We continue along Knez Mihajlova Street to Republic Square, where the National Museum and the National Theater are located. We continue our tour of Belgrade to Slavija Square and visit the Temple of Saint Sava, the White Palace and the Museum of History. Lunch break. The sequel is plentiful. Dinner at a restaurant in Skadarlija. Overnight.
Belgrade - Nis - Skopje / Northern Macedonia
Services: Breakfast, ride, tickets, sightseeing of Nis, lunch and dinner, overnight.
Departure from Belgrade to the south, to the city of Nis and further to Macedonia and Skopje. Upon arrival in Nis – a tour of the city: a fortress with remains from the Roman, Byzantine, Turkish and Yugoslav periods; Liberator Square; a 19th and 20th century pedestrian zone with shops and workshops; a sculpture by the writer Stevan Sremnac at the beginning of the Bakarda alley; They want a tower; Tobacco factory; Museum on the site of a fascist concentration camp during World War II; the Roman archeological site of Mediana. Mediana is a luxurious suburb of ancient Naissus, built in the period from the 3rd to the 4th century. At this archeological site, the remains of villas of rich citizens have been preserved, as well as the remains of a craft center, water towers, bathrooms … Continuation of the journey to Skopje, Northern Macedonia. Immediately after crossing the border, near the town of Kumanovo, a visit to the Kokino Observatory. This site is, among other things, most important as a megalithic observatory (built 3,900 years ago) with stone markers showing the rising positions of the sun on the summer and winter solstices, as well as on the spring and autumn equinoxes. On NASA’s list of 15 world observatories in the world, this one is on the 4th place. We continue our journey towards Skopje. Accommodation. Overnight at hotel.
SKOPJE - MATKA - MONASTERY OF SAINT JOHN OF BIGOR - OHRID
Services: Breakfast, ride, tickets, sightseeing of Skopje, lunch and dinner, overnight.
Tour of Skopje: medieval fortress Kale; the narrow streets of the Eastern, Turkish tradition in Bit Pazar; the Church of the Holy Savior with the famous iconostasis; Daut Pasha Hamam; Karvan Saraj (Turkish “hotel”) Kursumli Hamam, a stone bridge leading to the northern part of the city; Macedonian Square; Mother Teresa Memorial House… Free time, then a drive through the picturesque landscapes of western Macedonia, parallel to the border with Albania. Visit to the Matka canyon on the river Treska. It covers an area of 5,000 hectares, with karst landforms, and several medieval monasteries have been built in the canyon. Continuation of the journey to the monastery of St. John the Baptist of Bigor. The monastery was founded in the 11th century by the first Ohrid archbishop Jovan I Debranin. The Turks destroyed the monastery in the 16th century and it was rebuilt in 1743. The monastery is famous for its iconostasis made by local carvers. One of the most valuable treasures is the icon of John the Baptist from the 11th century. After visiting the monastery, we continue our way to the basin where Lake Ohrid and the city of Ohrid are located. Accommodation in a hotel. Overnight.
Services: Breakfast, ride, tickets, sightseeing of Ohrid, lunch and dinner, overnight.
We start the tour with a walk through the picturesque streets of the Old Town with specific and recognizable architecture, a visit to the Church of St. Sophia from the 11th century; a 2nd century BC Roman amphitheater; the church of the Virgin Previlepta from the 13th century; Cara Samuila Fortress (11th century) with a view of the city and the lake, the ancient archeological site Plaošnik with magnificent mosaics and the remains of a Byzantine basilica and a visit to the workshop of famous Ohrid pearls… The city tour ends on the lake shore, on the main square of the Old Town. Overnight.
OHRID - SAINT NAUM - OHRID
Services: Breakfast, ride, tickets, lunch and dinner, overnight.
Departure for a trip to the monastery of St. Naum, about 35 km from Ohrid. It is located on the southern shore of Lake Ohrid, only 2 km away from the border with Albania. During the ride we will have a fascinating view of the lake, peninsulas, bays, beautiful beaches, fishing villages… The monastery of St. Naum was built in the late 10th century. On the south side of Lake Ohrid, there are 46 springs that make up small islands (some of them have restaurants). From the waters of these springs, the river Crni Drim flows, which flows through the lake. in return a visit to the Bay of Bones Museum. It represents the reconstruction of settlements from the Iron and Bronze Ages with houses on the water. Arrival in Ohrid. Free time for entertainment. Overnight.
OHRID - BITOLA - VELES
Services: Breakfast, ride, tickets, wine tasting, lunch and dinner, overnight.
Departure from Ohrid to Bitola, the second largest city in Macedonia. City tour: Sports Palace, main pedestrian shopping street Shirok Sokak, traditional shopping and craft center Stara Čaršija, Eni mosque, Ichak mosque, watchtower, City Museum. From this charming city we continue to the archeological site of Heraclea Lincestis, an ancient Greek city in Macedonia from the reign of Philip II, found in the middle of the 4th century BC. This city was also important in the Hellenistic period, because it was located on the famous road Via Egnatia, which connected the Adriatic and Aegean seas. Continuation of the road in the direction of the town of Veles. On the way, we will visit the remains of the Stobi archeological site, which is first mentioned in a document from the 2nd century BC. Stobi was the largest Roman city in Macedonia. At this place we can see ancient theaters, ruins of palaces, basilicas, brightly colored mosaics, the famous tetraconchal baptistery and religious relics … Pause and wine tasting in the Kamnik winery … Passage to the hotel, accommodation. Overnight.
VELES - BELGRADE
Services: Breakfast, ride, lunch and dinner, overnight.
Return to Serbia. Very soon after entering Serbia, a visit to the monastery of Prohor Pcinjnski. The Venerable Prohor Pcinjski Monastery is located in the south of Serbia. It was originally built in the 11th century and is the second largest Serbian Orthodox monastery complex after Hilandar on Athos. The relics of Saint Prohor are kept in the church. A major renovation of the monastery was undertaken at the beginning of the 14th century. Continuation of the drive to Belgrade arrival in the evening. Hotel lodging. Overnight.
Services: Breakfast, transfer to the airport.
Free time or sightseeing (depending on departure time).
What is included
Transport by bus or minibus, minivan/car (depending on the number of registered passengers)
Accommodation in a 4 * hotel in Belgrade, Skopje, Ohrid and Veles. Bed and breakfast in a double room.
Licensed guide services in Serbian / English throughout the trip
Lunch and dinner during the trip
Travel organization costs
Other costs not listed in the program
- The final choice of hotel depends on current availability. The tour operator reserves the right to change the hotel due to availability but guarantees the same category, quality of service, and similar location of the accommodation unit.
- The tour operator reserves the right to change the travel plan due to unexpectedly slow traffic at international borders. These changes will not affect the basic route plan.
- It is the responsibility of travelers to familiarize themselves with the visa requirements of all countries to which they travel or are in transit.
- This program is applied by the general travel conditions of the agency VIVALDI GROUP, which organizes the trip.
Terms and method of payment
- Your reservation will be confirmed by email, usually within one to two business days.
- Prices are per person
- Possibility of payment:
1. through an account as a natural or legal person,
2. by debit or credit card as a natural or legal person
- Immediately after booking, you will receive a confirmation of receipt of the reservation by e-mail.
- Within one to two working days of booking, we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail.
- The voucher will be sent to you by e-mail as soon as the details of your reservation are confirmed or after we receive your additional requests. We will provide you with all the detailed information about your trip on the Voucher.
- Simply print your voucher and bring it with a valid photo ID on the day of the trip and show the Voucher to your travel guide. Please note that the Voucher is your proof of purchase.
- Your reservation on the site does not guarantee travel confirmation. Your reservation on the site initiates the booking confirmation process. You will receive a confirmation by e-mail within one or two working days.
- Prices may vary depending on availability. We reserve the right to adjust prices without prior notice.
- Please see our General Travel Conditions before booking.